We welcome all enquiries about enrolment.
Please call us to discuss your child's enrolment or to ask any questions you may have.
Cohort Entry for New Entrants
Coatesville School has an enrolment scheme and school zone.
Therefore, entry to the school can happen in one of two ways - 'In-Zone' or 'Out-of-Zone'.
Children who live within the school zone have automatic right of entry to the school (except International Students – please contact the school in this instance).
To confirm that you live within the Coatesville School Zone ...
- use the link https://nzschools.tki.org.nz/ to go to the Ministry of Education website
- use the boxes on the top left hand corner to type in the school's name - Coatesville School
- a maker will appear on the map
- click on the marker and the Coatesville School Zone will appear as an overlay.
- you can zoom in and out of the map to see detail of the roads included.
If you are unsure whether your residence is within the school zone as some roads are not wholly covered by our zone please confirm with the school.
If you live within the Coatesville School Zone, and it is the school you wish your child to attend, please contact the school to discuss enrollment.
Our roll has always included students who live outside our school zone. Students from outside this zone gain entry via the ballot system, the rules of which have been set down by the Ministry of Education. Ballots are advertised in local newspapers and notification is also sent to families who have registered interest with the school.
If you live out of zone but would like to be considered for enrollment please make contact with the office as soon as possible so that we can get appropriate details. We will then contact you with details of an upcoming relevant ballot and/or arrange a visit to discuss your situation with a senior staff member.
2022 Out -Of- Zone Enrollments
If you live outside of our school zone and wish to be considered for the 2022 Ballot please email the school office. [email protected] to register.
The number of places has not yet been determined but applications at all year levels are invited.
A ballot paper will be sent to you which needs to be completed and returned to the school office by 29th September.
The Ballot will be drawn on Wednesday 20th October and you will be notified of the outcome by email.
When enrolling we will be asking for the following information:
- Birth Certificate or Passport required of all new admissions
- Child’s full name
- Father’s and Mother’s names
- Occupation/s and address
- Telephone number, with an alternative emergency number, where possible
- E-mail address
- Immunisation Certificate
- Details of health, allergies, serious illnesses, accidents, significant health problems
- Details of pre-schooling
- Name of family doctor and permission to contact them in an emergency in case we are unable to contact parents.
- Other relevant information to assist in transition
Click to set custom HTML